In an effort to promote social inclusiveness and provide equal opportunities for all citizens of Bharat, EWS certificates came into effect on 01.02.2019. It is notified that a 10% reservation will be provided for Economically Weaker Sections (EWS) in Central Government posts and services through all Direct Recruitment processes. This initiative aims to benefit individuals and families who fall under the economically disadvantaged category, ensuring they have access to certain reserved benefits and opportunities.
State wise Economically Weaker Sections Certificate Form Link is given below in Tabular Format
Table of Contents
EWS Certificate Full Form
EWS Certificate stands for Economically Weaker Sections Certificate. This certificates issued to the economically weaker sections of society. It is a new reservation sub-category under the General category.
EWS Certificate means
Economically Weaker Sections Certificate is similar to the Income Certificate. It is basically an Income & Asset Certificate issued to the citizens of General Category. Persons belonging to EWS Category 10% reservation in direct recruitment posts and services in Central Government and State Government.
To claim 10% reservation in any Government Jobs, Admission in Higher Educations needs to produce valid EWS Certificate.
EWS Certificate Eligibility
Individuals who are not covered under Scheduled Castes, Scheduled Tribes, and Socially and Educationally Backward Classes, and whose family has a gross annual income of less than Rs. 8.00 lakh, are to be identified as EWS for the purpose of reservation benefits.
EWS Certificate Criteria
Persons under General Category whose family owns or possesses any of the following assets shall be excluded from EWS Certificate criteria:
- 5 acres of Agricultural Land and above.
- Residential Flat or 1000 sq. ft. and above.
- Residential Plot of 100 sq. yards and above in notified municipalities.
- Residential Plot of 200 sq. yards and above in areas other than the notified municipalities.
Issuing & Verifying Authority of EWS Certificate
Followings Officers and respective office look after for issuing the Economically Weaker Sections Certificate;
- District Magistrate & Collector is the Supreme Authority for issuing the Certificate or the Income and Asset Certificate.
- The Sub – Divisional Magistrate of a Sub – Division is empowered to facilitate the general public. One can get the Economically Weaker Sections Certificate from the concerned Sub – Division Office where the applicant reside.
- Economically Weaker Section Certificate is Generally issued by the Circle Officer (Deputy Collector and Magistrate) of a Revenue Circle where the applicant or his/her family resides.
EWS Certificate Documents & Documents required for EWS Certificate
Documents to be submitted to obtain the EWS or Income & Asset Certificate;
- Residential Address Proof / Domicile Certificate of the Applicant.
- Identity Proof of the Applicant.
- Aadhar Card.
- Income Certificate.
- Salary Slip if employed.
- Land and Property documents.
- Land Revenue payment receipt.
- Passport size photograph.
How to Apply for EWS Certificate
There are two processes for applying the Economically Weaker Sections Certificate Through out the Country. One is Online mode and another is Offline mode. However, few of the States do not have Online mode. In these cases applicants have to apply in offline mode directly by visiting the concerned office.
Apply EWS Certificate Offline mode
In applying for an Economically Weaker Sections Certificate offline, different states have different formats. However, the basic data to be inputted is the same as prescribed by the Government of India.
Applicants need to apply in the prescribed format with all the relevant required documents. Alternatively, applicants may also apply with a plain letter supported by the required documents at the Revenue Circle Office or directly at the Sub-Divisional Office. The concerned Sub-Divisional Magistrate or Revenue Officer will conduct an inquiry through revenue officials. After satisfying all the criteria, an EWS Certificate will be issued.
EWS Certificate Apply Online
One has to visit the official website of the particular State where one has to submit the application form for Economically Weaker Sections Certificate.
- Find out the “Income Certificate” in the landing page of the Portal and Click on it, a new page will open up.
- You have to provide the exact data on the registration form and click the submit button.
- After successful submission of registration form you will receive a provisional application number or registration number in your registered mobile number.
- You can login using credentials and the application will be displayed to you.
- Now in prescribed format and size you have to upload documents.
- After completion of uploading documents, you will be asked to pay the application cost with different payment methods online.
- After completion of payment, finish by saving the application and take a printout of the page to avoid future difficulties.
EWS Certificate Validity
- Normally the validity of this Certificate is for 1 (One) year.
- Different States has different mandate, some States validate Economically Weaker Sections Certificate for 6 months.
- To renew the Certificate one have to follow the similar process before getting the Income and Asset Certificate or one can visit the Common Service Centre (CSC).
Check EWS Certificate Status || EWS Certificate online Check
- Visit official website on the browser.
- Follow the Homepage of the portal and Click the “Login” button.
- Enter username & password
- You will be taken into a link to your submitted application form and click on it.
- The status of your application form will be displayed.
State Wise EWS Application Links
|EWS Certificate Andhra Pradesh
|EWS Certificate Assam
|EWS Certificate Arunachal Pradesh
|EWS Certificate Bihar
|EWS Certificate Chhattisgarh
|EWS Certificate Chandigarh
|EWS Certificate Delhi
|EWS Certificate Goa
|EWS Certificate Gujarat
|EWS Certificate Himachal Pradesh
|EWS Certificate Haryana
|EWS Certificate J & K
|EWS Certificate Jharkhand
|EWS Certificate Kerala
|EWS Certificate Karnataka
|EWS Certificate Madhya Pradesh
|EWS Certificate Maharashtra
|EWS Certificate Manipur
|EWS Certificate Meghalaya
|EWS Certificate Mizoram
|EWS Certificate Nagaland
|EWS Certificate Odisha
|EWS Certificate Punjab
|EWS Certificate Rajasthan
|EWS Certificate Sikkim
|EWS Certificate Tripura
|EWS Certificate Telangana
|EWS Certificate Tamil Nadu
|EWS Certificate Uttar Pradesh
|EWS Certificate Uttarakhand
|EWS Certificate West Bengal